Sunday, August 19, 2007

Independence day

Independence Day is on 15th august.Sixty years have passed since the first Independence Day
in 1947.We sing our national anthem at 7:30 am sharp.It is a very special occasion for us.We
eat many sweets and sing many songs.this day Chacha Nehru said his favourite words
"The woods are lonely dark and deep but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep".We in India like to have mitthais,phirnis and ice-creams.Well, thats enough to say goodbye im off to play.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was not when he quoted Browning.

Unknown said...

er.. not Browning, Robert Frost

Dadabhai said...

We were under British rule for more than 200 yrs. On 15th Aug 1947 I was 15 yrs. 2 months old and became free. It was a matter of great joy and also of great sorrow. Joy, because we were independent. Sorrow, because we knew that we shall have to leave Barisal (then in Pakistan, now in Bangladesh),our home town where I spent 15 years of my childhood days. The place was no loger safe for us. Actually we were in Calcutta on that day. I was sad with all fun and frolic going around me. your best friend Dadabhai

Anonymous said...

Frost is right.